WARNING! | FALSE MORELS | Morel Mushrooms | False morel mushrooms

 “False morels” are poisonous and can be lethal. “False morels” look very similar to “true morels” and both can grow beside each other in the same habitat. 

Harvesters should always consult mushroom experts(mycologists) and buyers, and up-to-date wild mushroom field guide books when identifying morels.

Morels should never be eaten raw and must be well cooked for at least fifteen minutes. Alcohol should also be avoided when consuming morels.


In addition, some people have food allergies and sensitivities towards morels. 

If you have never eaten morels before, it is advisable to consume only a small helping the first few times you try them. If you notice any symptoms, you should not eat morels.

Tags: false morels,  can you eat false morels, false morels vs real, how to cook false morels, where do false morels grow, false morel inside, false morels demystified, false morels genus,